19 Apr Restriction items and Banned Items from Boarding
Being stop by airport officer to take out your travel banned items, is kinda frustrating. It is better to know these restricted and banned items ahead of time to avoid disappointment of throwing it away when your are on your way to board your flight. For general restrictions and banned items are below :-
a) Restrictions on liquids, gels, and aerosols
Almost all countries have restricted what liquids and gels passenger can bring it. In some countries, the containers holding liquid and gel products must have a capacity of no greater than 3.4 fluid ounces (100 ml).
b) Exceptions to liquid, gel and aerosol rules
These are some general exceptions to the restrictions on liquids, gels, and aerosols. Most of these exception items are around medical items and food items intended for small children.
- All over-the-counter and prescription medications, including insulin and diabetes medical supplies.
- Duty-free items purchased at the airport.
- Items used to augment the body for medical or cosmetic reasons such as mastectomy products, prosthetic breasts, bras or shells containing gels, saline solution, or other liquids.
- Items needed for passengers with a disability or medical condition.
- Food items like juice ,, breast milk, water for a traveling infant small child. or baby formula
- Radioactive materials
- Magnetic materials
- Marijuana (cannabis)
- Explosive and incendiary materials
- Flammable items
- Infectious materials
- OrganicsGasses and pressure containers
- Oxidizers and organic peroxides
d) Restricted items to checked in bags
These items are prohibited from irplane cabins and carry-on baggage but may (with some exceptions) be carried only in checked baggage, this is by the rules from The Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Power tools and larger hand tools
- Dry ice (frozen carbon dioxide)
- Stick or club type sporting goods
- Firearms (including firearm replicas and firearm parts) and ammunition
- Knives and cutting instruments
- Paintball guns
Comment below on your experience being stop by airport officer from boarding items.
Photo Credit to tpf1959 from Pixabay